Who qualifies for use of the alert?
Georgia law defines ‘disabled adults’ as individuals who are developmentally impaired or who suffer from dementia or some other cognitive impairment.
Criteria for Activation
• A local law enforcement agency believes a disabled person is missing and is in immediate danger of serious bodily injury or death
• Through its own investigation, the law enforcement agency verifies the disappearance and eliminates alternative explanations for the disabled person's disappearance
• Sufficient information is available to disseminate to the public that could assist in locating the disabled person
• The missing disabled person is entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database
• The law enforcement agency must issue a statewide broadcast to law enforcement/911 centers and contact local media regarding the missing person.